08 September 2013

Moofer, 2001-2013


This one is difficult. I had to bring Moofer to be put down on Thursday.  The choice was a horrible one, but my final decision was based on the fact that he wasn't going to get better.  I saw one of my cats waste away with kidney disease (Duforth, nine years ago), and didn't want Moofer to get any further down that road.  I fought to keep him going, but he was finally through with the treatments two weeks ago.

I miss him more than I can express.  I don't want to make light of anyone's death in the past seven years, but this has been the biggest grief for me since losing my Dad.  Moofer was my cat for five years.  He was my sister's cat for seven years - at the time he was the middle child of three cats and one dog.  I love all of my sisters' pets, but Moofer was The One. He was also well liked by everyone that met him.  He greeted everyone he encountered as a friend - something I haven't quite pulled off, and displayed both a cuddly and a playful personality.  His favorite sport was chasing light beams, and his worst habit was begging for human food - something he did til the very end.

I'm not going to go into what his last moments were like, because I can't relive them myself at this point, but they were peaceful, and I'm thankful for that.

Here's a few images of the life of Moof:


With the Boys, and Sheba
The Selfie.
  
As a purring lap cat, with my Aunt Anita
Gorgeous!
Being part of the action at one of my tea parties
With Zenobia, just the right distance apart...sweet dreams, my lovely.


You don't find many like him. 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I loved Moofer. He was a beautiful boy. So sweet and lovely. You took such good care of him and he lived a good life. I miss him.

Nicole Wilson said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Just from reading your blog posts, I know that Moofer was very loved and well cared for.

Pamela said...

He was such a sweet friendly lovey dovey. He was very loved, lived a good life, and went to sleep with those who loved him most. Not a bad way to go. We should all be so fortunate.

Millie said...

Awwww, it's always sad to lose a pet :( I'm sending you hugs.